In Katie Ridder Rooms, author Heather Smith MacIsaac shares the inspiring spaces of acclaimed American designer Katie Ridder and her design decisions behind them.
Underlying all the flair and panache are interiors that work as hard as Katie does. Behind every flourish is a solid reason for being. Rooms are not only pretty and welcoming, they are comfortable and thoughtful,” MacIsaac writes.
As readers journey through the pages, they will learn the basics like how to choose a headboard, and discover Katie’s must-have ingredients for a dream bathroom. Visiting these incredible spaces and understanding Ridder’s reasons behind their design is not just inspiring, it will also teach readers how to create their own colorful and balanced rooms.
How to Dress a Bed, Katie Ridder-Style
- Use ivory cotton sheets with decoration limited to an embroidered band on the top sheet
- Turn the top sheet down over a cotton pique blanket, neatly tucked in at the bottom and sides
- Arrange three different sizes of pillows, from back to front:
* Two king shams
* Two standard-size pillows
* One small decorative pillow like a boudior or lumbar pillo to break up the expanse
- Place a down duvet (covered in lightweight decorative sheeting material) at the foot of the bed, folded in thirds so that it is easy to pull up.
By Rebecca Ittner
Photography by Eric Piasecki from Katie Ridder Rooms